Monday, May 9, 2011

A small glimpse of Teri's life at 4nt room 9


Feb 24, 2010  Wednesday

I wake each morning in good spirits and look forward to the day seeing my family and friends. Today b is free to be with me all day. 

Not much sleep last night, stayed up too late to watch my favorite part of the Olympics, women’s figure skating.  Unfortunately it’s going to be another late night tonight.  It’s too beautiful to miss.
Morning routine: wash up around 7 after all the vital signs are taken and blood is drawn.  I don my robe, red shawl, and hand made hat.  I plug in my music and start my walk for 15 minutes up and down the hall greeting the nurses and cleaning crew.  I find my usual place in the lounge in front of the “curative” building surrounded by the hospital and trees.  I take a few deep breaths and begin my tai chi.  I am a beginner do 3 short series in 10 minutes.  As I move, I say each posture giving emphasis on words like push, parry and punch to visually get rid of those cancer cells.  It feels really good.

I also do theraband exercises for my shoulders.

The docs come in to see how I am doing and we talk about any symptoms and plans they have for me.  They ask the dermatologist to check my rash.  Tomorrow I get my 3rd bone marrow aspiration and biopsy to see if all the cancer cells are killed.  “Kick Butt”.  Say your prayers and well wishes.

After getting typhlitis, I decided to do 2 days of ‘ice cube’ diet.  Today I am trying a clear diet to slowly ease my gut back to food after having 2 days of excruciating pain from Chinese take out last week.  Only home cooked food from now on, slow and easy. 
I sit in my chair making lists of things I have to do.  I check my emails, connecting with my friends and family and open mail.  The ward has provided an invaluable laptop for me to keep in touch with everyone.

Throughout the day, I read my healing scriptures, laugh at ‘I love lucy’ episodes, listen to music, and read my cards.  You can call me at 414-805-7279 or my cell 414-803-5983 between 10am - 7pm.

I nap a bit in the afternoon and try to take 2 or 3 walks throughout the afternoon and evening.  Keeping my body moving and circulating is a goal every day.    

All day long my “Colin” pole is carrying antibiotics and other meds into my body.  Throughout the day the nursing crew, Jean, Shannon and Tammy are encouraging and give me great care.  All the docs are number one starting with my very own.

My sincere gratitude for all the wonderful gifts and thoughts coming to me.  What I want mostly is your prayers and well wishes.  I’m counting on my sibs to be a MATCH!
I love you all.

teri

No comments:

Post a Comment