Monday, September 19, 2011

A photomontage of Teri's life and journey

From her open house

Here are the pictures of the pictures on our walls.  I emphasized the last 19 months to provide a pictorial sense of the grueling struggle, the lows and the few highs.  Teri’s smile comes shining through to the end.  She was such a trooper.  Enjoy and emote.

This is quintessential Teri ... having fun!
The 'baby' of the family

She was of legal age!







4 months before she was diagnosed

2 months before she was diagnosed



























Best friends, Steve and Mary

Brother Tony, SIsters Anita and Terri


Teri got to put Ben's white coat on him!































4 comments:

  1. Wow, B! Every time I read this blog it fills up my heart. Please keep posting. We care about you and your story now, too.

    Kari and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you B, it always warms my heart to see that continuous smiling face of teri. you keep the memory of teri here and alive for all of her friends. i also care about your story now so keep posting, it is helping all of us.
    sheila s-l

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr. B. I am Rachel's friend from Columbus. I met her on the Human Powered Racing team, and then ended up working with her for years at Cardinal Health. We still see eachother almost every week. She is a true friend and I find peace just to be with her. I am sure you know that, but as a mother myself, I am sure it still warms your heart to know your children are wonderful humans. I have followed your family via this blog, and of course with Rachel. Mrs. Teri is an amazing spirit, I know this, even though I never met her in person. I have mentioned this to Rachel...your family makes me want to be a better human, live my life with more joy and happiness, cherish those around me. So, even with me - again, I have not met you - your life and Teri's life has resonated.
    I wish you peace and comfort. I wish you smile when thinking of her rather than cry. Know her spirit lives on in you, your family (esp Jack!!) and even people you have not yet met. Please keep blogging - we all care about you too! In closing, know there are people out there thinking of you daily and wishing you peace and strength.
    -courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear B,

    Thank you for sharing the pictures. That was amazing. The work, the love you put into it! Just amazing..... What really captured it for me was the paper with all the descriptions: Who is Teri. Yup-- that's her! Every one of them!

    Someday, when you are ready, this is going to be an incredible book both about her and about you.

    I miss her too.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete